Before You Start -- Note on Commercial Usage
- Note that in addition to the demo instructions below in this guide, IndoorAtlas licenses commercial on-premises asset tracking solution comprising of the following components:
- IndoorAtlas provides a production quality on-premises asset tracking backend. To license that, please Contact Sales.
- Agent implementations:
- Mac OS agent: please Contact Sales
- Windows agent: please Contact Sales
- Other agents may be developed on request basis.
Steps to setup your own asset tracking demo
- Fingerprint a location and create an Apikey with Positioning API Scope.
- Clone and run Asset Tracking Demo Backend. We provide an example backend for non-commercial use, see here.
- Write your own agent for Android/iOS/any OS (see endpoint URL from 2)
- Optional: To get access to IndoorAtlas Example Android Agent code base : please Contact Sales.
- The agent (e.g. IndoorAtlas Android Agent Example) running on the tracked device (or on a device attached to the tracked object) does radio scanning.
- The agent sends radio scan to the Asset Tracker backend, giving it's own Agent_ID. The request format is documented here.
- The Asset Tracker backend requests position from the Positioning REST API using the scan.
- The Asset Tracker backend stores the latest position of the agent.
- Latest asset positions are visualized on a web app.
The demo will let you track any assets and see their location on a map, such as here: