Mark your real location i.e. Ground Truth during testing (currently only available for Android in MapCreator) for easy verification of positioning performance against your real location during testing. This is how it works:
1. Start positioning to get to the positioning view of MapCreator
2. Click the cogwheel from top-right corner (see image below)
3. Select Diagnostic mode and click SAVE AND STOP.
4. Plan your test route and add waypoints at the turning points in each floor along the test route
5. Start positioning
6. Walk the route and check-in to the waypoints
7. Click share the traceId icon and save it or send by email
Starting positioning in diagnostic mode
Overall workflow for testing with MapCreator:
- Mark ground truth for positioning session using diagnostic mode of MapCreator (see below).
- Store trace-id (also see the bottom of the screenshot below)
- Open the trace-id in Session Viewer
When checking in to the second waypoint, the marked path appears on MapCreator as a polyline.
This path will then appear in Session Viewer as a polyline together with the positioning estimates. They can be used as a reference to describe the positioning performance and report about problems. For viewing the session in Session Viewer, you have to store the trace ID of the session.