Wifi environment quality tells you how good the wifi radio environment is for positioning. IndoorAtlas uses WiFi to achieve faster first fix than is possible with magnetic information alone.
- Blue color indicates there was no Wifi samples from that area during mapping, so environment quality cannot yet be analysed.
- Green indicates excellent radio environment.
- Yellow indicates standard radio environment.
- Red means that first fix in those areas is not possible based on WiFi information.
Fixing WiFi Environment Quality
- Typically WiFi environment quality is not fixed i.e. new WiFi APs are not added to improve positioning.
- Instead, installing BLE beacons is more cost efficient for improving indoor positioning first fix accuracy.